I know as you read this title you might be thinking- “how in the world does this chic have time to make homemade doggie biscuits…she has a 5 month old and is running a business all the while her hubby is crazy with Fire Season??” Welllllllll- I had an itch to bake and I sure wasn’t about to be left at home with a dozen cookies or cupcakes all alone. Figure I could love on the pups? Ehmmm also attempt to train them better with some treats, they have been EXTRA hyper with my hubby gone at work so much and my hands being full with little Ryker that I have not walked them nearly as much as they need. All that to say, the are loved and now I dare say spoiled….these fur babies are getting homemade dog biscuits today! I will say as “martha stewart” fabulous as these dog treats sound, they are SO easy to make and are super cost effective if you were to make them in bulk vs. buying overpriced dog treats. Let’s get started!
Mix your ingredients until combined well…see list below.
Roll out your dough to about 1/4″ thickness and then have some fun making playful cut outs for your biscuits!
Pop into a 375 F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown….
Store in airtight container…that’s if they even last! Time to put the biscuits to the test….
Well all three crazy pups managed to wait patiently for their tasty reward….success!
Even little Lucy (aka the Doxie Diva) thoroughly enjoyed her homemade doggie biscuit.
Happy Pups, Happy Momma?
These homemade doggie treats are sure to have your fur babies waggin' their tails! Plus you can rest at ease knowing exactly what every ingredient is!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter or all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup hot water
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Mix together the flour and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the sunflower seed butter and hot water. Mix until smooth. Gradually add the dry mixture and mix well. Add a little more water if the dough is too dry, or flour if it’s too wet.
4. Turn dough out onto your work surface and roll to 1/4″ thickness.
5. Cut with a cookie cutter and place on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly brown. Let cool, then store in an airtight container.